Political Group: S&D
Phone in Brussels: +32 (0)2 284 54 52
- ITRE Committee on Industry, Research and Energy
- FEMM Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality
- DMER Delegation for relations with the Mercosur countries
- SEDE Subcommittee on Security and Defence
- DCAS Delegation to the EU-Kazakhstan, EU-Kyrgyzstan and EU-Uzbekistan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees, and for relations with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia
- DASE Delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
Scholarship, Nordic Africa Institute, Uppsala (1979). Studies in Portuguese language and culture, University of Lisbon (1979-1980); studies in Portuguese and Spanish, Aarhus University (1980-1983). MA (History), Aarhus University. Teacher and organiser of adult education (1983-1989). Consultant (various contracts): working with European projects within the area of education and human resource development (1989-1994). Consultant, HK (Union of Commercial and Clerical Employees in Denmark), responsible for international projects and surveys in the tourism and service industries (1994-2000). Director and owner of Facilitate (consultancy), working with labour market issues at European level (2001-2004).
With the Danish Social Democrats: member of the executive committee (2000); member of the party programme committee (2000).
Publications: articles about Portugal in various Danish magazines.