CEWEP will celebrate its 10th birthday with a two-day exhibition in the European Parliament. hosted by Dr. Anja Weisgerber MEP.
10th October 2012 (18:30-21:00) - Cocktail & Celebration of CEWEP’s 10th Birthday - Programme
- Welcome by Herbert Reul MEP.
- Waste-to-Energy in daily life and its role in Energy & Resource Efficiency by Dr. Ella Stengler, Managing Director, Confederation of European Waste-to-Energy Plants (CEWEP).
- Short film entitled “A little light”.
- View from the Commission by Karl Falkenberg, Director General, European Commission, DG Environment.
- Key-note speech “Climate’s all about waste” by Prof. Katherine Richardson.
- Katherine Richardson is a professor in biological oceanography at the University of Copenhagen and leader of the Sustainability Science Centre. She was Chair of the Danish Commission on Climate Change Policy, which reported in 2010 and presented a roadmap for how Denmark can become independent of fossil fuels by 2050
- Celebration of CEWEP’s 10th Birthday
- Alain Cupper and Alain Rochette jazz duo Jazz saxophonist and accompaniment.
- Prize draw Win a trip to Paris to visit the Louvre museum to see the Mona Lisa’s smile.
For further information please check the conference page.
CEWEP is the umbrella association of the Waste-to-Energy plants across Europe. They thermally treat household and similar waste that remains after waste prevention, reuse and recycling by generating energy from it.