The European Energy Forum is a non-profit organisation established under Alsace-Moselle law and Belgian law.
It EEF has 2 categories of members :
These are Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). They take part to the General Assembly which meets at least once a year.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is elected every five years by the Active Members during the General Assembly which follows the European elections. It is composed of Active Members of various nationalities and from different political groups. It meets at least once a year.
The Bureau is composed of the President, Treasurer and Vice-presidents. The President is elected for five years by the Board of Directors The Bureau meets several times a year to discuss the EEF activity.
Board of directors 2009 – 2014
President: Giles Chichester ECR/United Kingdom
Treasurer/Vice-President: Alejo Vidal-Quadras EPP/Spain
- Jerzy Buzek, EPP/Poland
- Norbert Glante, S&D/Germany
- Edit Herczog, S&D/Hungary
- Romana Jordan, EPP/Slovenia
- Herbert Reul, EPP/ Germany
- Paul Rübig, EPP/Austria
- Britta Thomsen, S&D/Denmark
- Daniel Caspary, EPP/Germany
- Robert Goebbels, S&D/Luxemburg
- Corinne Lepage, ALDE/France
- Justas Vincas Paleckis, S&D/Lithuania
- Vittorio Prodi, S&D/Italy
- Vladimir Remek, GUE-NGL/Czech Republic
- Vladimir Urutchev, EPP/Bulgaria
- Inese Vaidere, EPP/Latvia
- Lambert van Nistelrooij, EPP/Netherlands
These are companies, research organisations, associations and regulators involved in the energy sector. Associate Members participate in the Industrial and Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC), a committee which meets at least once a year with the Board of Directors to set out the areas on which the EEF's work should concentrate.
The statutes of the EEF are available here in original version: