The European Energy Forum is a non-profit organisation established under Alsace-Moselle law and Belgian law.
It has 2 categories of members :
Members, both Active and Associate, are essential in the life of the EEF and participate actively in the events and in building up the programme for the year.
The EEF has a tradition of welcoming in its active membership any MEP who wishes to be informed on energy issues.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is elected every five years by the Active Members during the General Assembly which follows the European elections. It is composed of Active Members of various nationalities and from different political groups.
The Bureau is composed of the President, Treasurer and Vice-presidents. The President is elected for five years by the Board of Directors. The Bureau meets several times a year to discuss the EEF activity.
Board of directors 2009 – 2014
President: Giles Chichester ECR/United Kingdom
Treasurer/Vice-President: Alejo Vidal-Quadras EPP/Spain
- Jerzy Buzek, EPP/Poland
- Norbert Glante, S&D/Germany
- Edit Herczog, S&D/Hungary
- Romana Jordan, EPP/Slovenia
- Herbert Reul, EPP/ Germany
- Paul Rübig, EPP/Austria
- Britta Thomsen, S&D/Denmark
- Daniel Caspary, EPP/Germany
- Robert Goebbels, S&D/Luxemburg
- Corinne Lepage, ALDE/France
- Justas Vincas Paleckis, S&D/Lithuania
- Vittorio Prodi, S&D/Italy
- Vladimir Remek, GUE-NGL/Czech Republic
- Vladimir Urutchev, EPP/Bulgaria
- Inese Vaidere, EPP/Latvia
- Lambert van Nistelrooij, EPP/Netherlands
Associate Members are companies, research organisations, associations and regulators involved in the energy sector. Membership entitles Associate Members to attend and host EEF events.
The statutes of the EEF are available here in original version: