The EEF events provide a place for debate where all categories of actors in the energy sector can meet, get informed and exchange views on the various energy issues.
The demand for regular dialogue between parties involved at the EU level is high. The EEF combines the proposals from its Associate Members (economic power) with the interest of the Active Members (legislative power) in co-operation with the European Commission (executive power). The events are organised for EEF members. MEPs who have an interest in energy are welcome. The European Commission is always invited and actively participates in the discussions. The events are chaired by the EEF President or by one of the EEF Vice-presidents.
- The Articles of Association specify that EEF activities must not favour any particular form of energy, any political party or nationality.
- The EEF is a non-profit independent organisation. It supports neither political, nor economic interests and takes no decision or position.
- All members, Associate as well as Active, are invited to take part to all events. European Commission is always invited. Permanent Representations to the EU are also invited to our events.
- The EEF has a tradition of welcoming in its active membership any MEP who wishes to be informed on energy issues.
- EEF Activities are complementary to those of the European Institutions and do not substitute or duplicate them.
- The EEF is financed through membership contributions. Both Active and Associate Members pay their annual membership fee.
The EEF strives to keep a good energy mix and events deal each time with a different aspect or sector of energy. The dinner-debates are sponsored by Associate Members and take place on a monthly basis in the European Parliament premises in Brussels or Strasbourg.
- Lunchtime discussions
Organised on a less regular basis than the dinner-debates, their aim is to facilitate MEPs or their assistants’ understanding on practical/technical issues, or subjects that need to be dealt with on short notice. Lunchtime discussions are sponsored by Associate Members and take place in the European Parliament premises in Strasbourg.
- Briefings for MEPs’ assistants
Through these events the EEF gives its Active Members’ assistants a better understanding of energy topics in order to facilitate their work. The briefings are sponsored by the EEF and take place in Brussels.
Visits to energy sites from various EU Members States and from outside the EU are organized 2-3 times per year and sponsored by Associate Members. The visits aim at acquainting members with technologies used today directly onsite
- Information Bulletin
The EEF bulletin presents the EEF past and upcoming events and informs the readers on the recent changes within its Associate and Active Members. A letter from the Publisher, written by the EEF Director General is also included.
- Associate Members Booklet
The EEF publishes every year a booklet containing the contact details and a short description of the activity of each Associate Member.